US-led coalition military forces conducted less than 7 airstrikes per day in Syria since 09/22/2014, on average.
Russia is conducting on average more than 111 airstrikes per day in Syria. From 09/30/2015 to 12/4/2015 Russian military forces have conducted 3,561 sorties and destroyed 7,334 targets.
From 09/30/2015 to 12/25/2015 Russian aviation has conducted 5,240 sorties in Syria, including 145 sorties by long-range aviation. More than 10,610 targets were destroyed.
Sources of data: wikipedia, defense.gov.
For a summary of figures and references, read :
- for the US-led coalition : https://plus.google.com/+BrunoPaulDr/posts/B3DVviGnZyb and more specifically http://www.defense.gov/News/Special-Reports/0814_Inherent-Resolve
- and for the Russia-led coalition : https://plus.google.com/+BrunoPaulDr/posts/LeuSKzMbMUZ and http://tass.ru/en/defense
- Interactive map of Russian strikes in Syria, day per day:
Updated 2/5/2016 :
- US-led coalition is reporting the number of damaged or destroyed targets in addition to the number of strikes. When available, we compare numbers of destroyed targets.
- As of Feb. 3, the U.S. and coalition have conducted a total -since 09/22/2014- of 10,113 strikes (6,763 Iraq / 3,350 Syria).
- U.S. has conducted 7,753 strikes in Iraq and Syria (4,611 Iraq / 3,142 Syria)
- Rest of coalition has conducted 2,360 strikes in Iraq and Syria (2,152 Iraq / 208 Syria)
- Report on January 15: Since September 30, the Russian Aerospace Forces in Syria have made 5,662 sorties, including 145 sorties made by strategic missile and long-range bomber aviation. The Russian military have also carried out 97 launches of sea-based and air-based missiles.
On January 15-18 Russia’s warplanes have made 157 sorties destroying 579 terrorist targets.
On January 25-31 Russian aviation made almost 470 sorties and attacked more than 1,350 targets.
On February 1-4 Russia’s Aerospace Defense Forces made 237 sorties and attacked 875 targets of terrorist organizations.